Pour quoi frog?

Why frogs? Well, why not. These frogs are for Darcy, who has been in isolation in The Sydney Children's Hospital. If you want to follow Darcy's progress check out the journal updates here: www.caringbridge.org/visit/darcygilmour10/journal

If you want to make a frog you can find instructions at: http://www.savethefrogs.com/teachers/images/Origami-Jumping-Frog.pdf .

If frogs are beyond you, you can also give blood. Details of how available from the Australian Red Cross Blood Service.







Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Frog goes slalom kayaking

Frogs are amphibious. Which means they like water
(OK - so it actually means able to USE either land or water. Whatever).


But what about white water?
Let's find out as Frog goes slalom kayaking.

My adventure begins at the Penrith Whitewater Stadium.

(Hmm - a stadium made of water. Who knew?)

I sort out my equipment...

And cleverly blend in with my environment.

(Can you see me? Can you? Can you?)

I check out the white water

(it really is white)


And watch how it is done
(eyes in the back of my head)

And then I test the water.

This is fine! I don't know what the fuss is about.



Come on in... the water is lovely.

(Hey - Amphibious also means "able to swim", right?)


With thanks to Beth Ross and Sam Lyons.

You can find out more about white water and the people who slalom on it in canoes at http://samlyons.id.au

No comments:

Post a Comment